Date: 16th April, 2017 - 16th December, 2017
Time: 9:00am to 2:00pm
Venue: Independent University, Bangladesh (IUB) Plot 16 Block B, Aftabuddin Ahmed Road, Bashundhara R/A, Dhaka
Gobeshona congratulates 19 young researchers of 2017!
The 3rd batch of Gobeshona Young Researcher Programme (GYRP) has been inaugurated by Dr. Saleemul Huq, Director of ICCCAD on 25th February 2017 at Hotel Asia Pacific, Baridhara, Dhaka. Dr. Haseeb M. Irfanullah facilitated the first workshop with 19 motivated young researchers.
GYRP is a series of 4 workshops aiming to improve the quality of research on climate change in Bangladesh. The young researchers are guided through a year to convert their manuscript according to the standard of international peer-reviewed journals.
Workshop 1: Problem Identification and Proposal Writing
Figure7: Young researchers are participating the workshop activities
Social media outreach
— Haseeb Irfanullah (@hmirfanullah) 26 February 2017
Workshop 2: Research Process and Techniques
The 13 best young researchers have been selected for attending the workshop 2 onward. The 2nd workshop will be held on 16 April 2017 at IUB 9am – 2pm. During the workshop the participants’ manuscript will be discussed for specific guidelines. Based on the title, the participants will be linked with experts for one-to-one mentoring. All participants should get prepared for a one minute video shoot introducing their research. The videos will be taken after the workshop.
Workshop 3: Analyzing, Interpreting and Quality Writing of Research Findings
The goal of the 3rd workshop is to inform the participants on how to analyze manuscripts before submitting to peer-reviewed journal. They will be guided on a checklist for publishing.
Workshop 4: Publishing Research
In the 4th workshop participants share their unique experiences with the reviewers/editors and the facilitator guide them appropriately.
- All the workshops will be conducted in weekdays
- The official language of the workshop is English
- The first two workshops are full day events and the last two workshops are half day events.
- All the workshops venue is Independent University, Bangladesh (IUB)
- Participants who can publish their work receive Awards from GOBESHONA.
- The participant requires the letter from the institution they are affiliated with.
- Participants must monthly update Gobeshona team on their progress.