Date: 12th - 13th December, 2017
Venue: Queen Mary University, London, UK.
After 10 years working under the “FTZ-ALS” heading, FTZ-NK as part of the Faculty of Life Sciences´ new ordinance chosen to use a new name (Research and Transfer Centre “Sustainability and Climate Change Management” (FTZ-NK)) which reflects their work and our expertise on matters related to sustainability and climate change, including aspects of climate and health. We will continue to perform high quality research projects, train BSc, MSc and PhD students, as well as run high calibrate events in Germany and around the world.
The main objective of the FTZ-NK is to support fundamental and applied research on on sustainable development and climate issues, especially by conducting practice-oriented research projects. Furthermore, the centre will promote the contribution of the HAW Hamburg to knowledge and technology transfer on a national and international level.
Its central tasks are as follows:
- Implementation of interdisciplinary research projects in the field of sustainable development and climate change, also including health aspects
- Strengthening international cooperation and supporting the establishment of networks; organization of conferences, Symposium and further training programmes on sustainable development and climate change;
- Application and adaptation of research & development results to other regions and countries
- Promotion of the next generations of scientists by supervising Masters and PhD theses on sustainable development and climate change issues.
Their research and transfer centre deals with the following topics:
- Sustainable development
- Energy resources and management
- Climate change and climate protection
- Climate change and health
- Nature conservation
- Environmental protection technologies